Thursday 14 August 2008

Friday Sketchers Challenge 14

The challenge for Friday Sketchers #14 is the following layout:

Because I liked the twistiness and the layout, I decided to give it a go (any excuse eh?!) And I realised I could continue the Christmas theme too! So here it is:

Both backing papers, image and sentiment are from Pink Petticoat - the layered paper was actually printed smaller so the pattern wasn't too overwhelming. The transparent vellum has been embossed with the snowflake Cuttlebug die and then randomly ripped.

And for once I resisted the urge to use ribbon! Instead I've curled some wire and added pink and silver seed beads which fall from the Sizzix Snowflake die (which I forgot I had!) The snowflake has been cut 3 times - silver shiny card, pink vellum and translucent vellum and layered after the vellum has been inked. The seed beads in the centre actually hide the big daub of glue that I accidentally splodged!

I coloured the image using watercolour pencils, which actually looks a bit wonky in the photo!

  • Papers: Pink Petticoat Doodle-icious Christmas and inked with pink and black
  • Image & Sentiment: Pink Petticoat Newsletter Giveaway from December 2007. Image coloured with watercolour pencils
  • Embellishment: Made using Sizzix snowflake die, seed beads and wire
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder

6 comments:

  1. Really inventive card! Like it a lot! Spooky.. I only remembered a couple of days ago, as well, that I have that snowflake, too! GMTA! ;o)

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOh fantastic take on the sketch, love what you have done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thanks for joining us at friday sketchers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great materials you have used, very beautiful card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow this is fabulous - love how you have embossed the vellum and then done a bit of random tearing...gorgeous
    Kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooooooooooh I love the twirly curly wire!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!