Saturday 30 August 2008

My WIP - All Is Revealed!!

No need to keep wondering what my WIP is! I've made these little bags and matching books as thank you's for the four members of staff in pre-school at nursery as Samuel's last day is 4 September. Quite an occasion as he's attended nursery from being a little 5 and a half month old boy. And he's loved it!

The idea for the bags and books came from watching Anice's recent appearance on telly demonstrating Funky Seasons, and Jozza had made a wonderful black and white bag and book with her youngest daughter in - so thank you Jozza for the inspiration! And also thank you to Lynsey for expertly binding the little books and for the brew!


I tend to associate people with colours and went for a theme based upon the colour collections within the Funky Seasons cd, which, I must say, never fails to inspire me and it must be my most favourite cd!
The template for the bags are on the cd and I printed on the reverse of the card with the contrasting pattern, and they were really easy to make!

For Jade, I went for green and purple.

Kim had pinks and chocolate browns
Nazia, bright summer oranges, lime greens and yellows


And for Rachel, Samuel's key worker, black and whites


I've printed the sentiments on the books onto vellum which read 'Just a little something to say thank you!' and then layered onto the disc. I hand wrote the names on the bags. All the bags and books have been embellished with ribbons and fibres - the books I will show in more detail on another post as this one is already a bit picture heavy!
Rachel has already got hers as she's on holiday for Samuel's last week. She really liked it!
  • Backing paper: Co-ordinating papers from the collections within Funky Seasons
  • Sentiments: Computer generated and hand written
  • Ribbon & fibres: All from my stash
  • Embellishments: From my stash, including heart gems and eyelets (originally from Kath)

3 comments:

  1. Wow they are fabulous Ruth and I wasn't far off the mark with my guess...not often I get it right...I bet they will absolutely love them
    Love
    Kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guessed they were books! I was right!! lol ;o)

    They look wonderful! The recipients will be over the moon!

    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look really good finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!