Wednesday 3 December 2008

Snow is Falling & Its Shiny!!

Right, this one is a little bit shiny and I've had trouble taking decent photos of it! Darn it being winter and blue light and having to resort to flash!

I enjoy using tags on my cards as I think they are a nice and easy topper and it sort of makes me think more about layout and positioning and not just to be slap dash in my approach.

This week on Tag! You're It, the challenge is:

Snow Is Falling

I've used the super sized Sizzix Scallop tag, run it through the snowflakes Cuttlebug embossing folder and attempted to add some glitter glue around the edges. But as it dried, it peeled off. So what you see, is what is left after I'd picked some off! I think it could be that it has not agreed with the card as it is quite a mirror finish and not particularly porous.

I've used the Sizzix snowflake die on clear vellum and have pinched the points again for a bit of depth. I've twisted some fluffy white fibres around the centre and added a punched snowflake from very very glittery white card (yes I went to a kids party a bit more blinged up than I thought I was!) The ribbon I think come off a box of chocolates or smellies and it must have been donated to me as I don't remember the chocolates or the smellies! And the bow was already pre tied.
  • Card: Silver and white glitter card from my stash
  • Dies: Cuttlebug snowflakes embossing and Sizzix snowflake die
  • Fibres: From my stash
  • Ribbon: From my stash

4 comments:

  1. wow Ruth this is a stunner - love the mirror tag and then the vellum snowflakes with the fibres...lots of touch feely going on here - thanks for joining us at TYI this week
    Hugs
    kath
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a gorgeous looking tag, love the embossed background and the snowflake, fab! thank you for joining us at TYI this week....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there
    I just love the CB snowflake embossing folder too!
    Love the glimmer and shimmer and great vellum snowflakes!
    Thanks for joining us this week

    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous Ruth....love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!