Tuesday 27 January 2009

Give It Some Heart!

The dare this week on Daring Cardmakers is:

"...feel free to make a card fitting any theme you like as long as it has a heart somewhere on it. Stamped hearts, punched hearts, diecut hearts, heart embellishments, cut from patterned paper, whatever, whenever as long as it has the right shape."

I did cheat a little (yes I will own up!) as I originally started making the tag for the Tag You're It Challenge last week but ran out of time and forgot to photograph it. So I finished it off and added it to a card.

The backing papers and little heart tag are freebie papers from Papercraft Inspirations (you can download them from their website as the actual papers themselves are not the best quality). I've doodled a white line around the edges of the tag, and dots around the edge of the heart, added some ribbon and a pearl brad to the heart.

And its going in my Valentine Card box in preparation for nursery next week!

  • Backing paper: Downloaded from Papercraft Inspirations
  • Dies: Sizzix Super Sized Scallop Tag
  • Ribbon & Brad: From my stash

4 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Good use of a great tag there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving this one Ruth...I just love tags on cards....love the papers too...Hugs Kath xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card. Isn't it great that your hard work didn't go to waste.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The card is just the perfect way of showing off the lovely tag!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!