Friday 3 April 2009

Textured Cricket

Week 4 of the Creative Card Crew Challenge is to use


Texture

I'd been asked to make a cricket card for a colleague at work which I made with a lovely decoupage cricket topper sent to me by Allison. But these things are like buses - and I got another request for a cricket themed card! And this one fitted in nicely with this challenge.


I used a previous Stamp Something sketch for inspiration along with some Funky Daze papers and some pale blue card I found in my stash. The plain card has been embossed with the Swiss Dots folder and I've inked the top of it with brown and blue inks.


The cricket bat, stumps and ball is a Quickutz die - one I really should use more often!
  • Backing paper: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and Cricket die from Quickutz

7 comments:

  1. Hey there, amazing card - i love the die cut cricket bits thy are great! fab papers too
    Thank you so much for joining in with the Creative Card Crew
    love tasha xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Ruth, super take on the chllenge, and love the crickety things.
    hugs
    En xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun card, I am rather slow this evening I had to read twice to realize you were discussing the game...BR-T

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah - you thought of something :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab, fun card. Love the texture and the cricket die cut is just excellent. Thanks for joining the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this card has turned out fantastic..the little cricket bat and stumps are brilliant!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great fun card love the layout and great texture. Thankyou for taking part in the Creative Card Crew Challenge.
    Paula xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!