Friday 31 July 2009

Polkadoodle Challenge 11 - Card and Gift Combination

And yes! It's Friday again - it's Polkadoodle time!! For the challenge this week (and we are at week 11!) the DT were asked to make a card which could be a gift as well.

I decided to make a scalloped gift bag with a small bar of chocolate inside. Now although this photo looks fine, I can tell you that I had to hold the bag down with a fair bit of blu-tac because the chocolate made it fall over. And you will note that the little fastener thing is almost bursting open. Will make me think more carefully what to put in it next time! Mind you, that particular bar of chocolate won't be in it anyway.......hehehe, long gone!

I did make it for my friend who has a Birthday mid August and she is a very girly girl too and will love this!

Anyway, all paper based elements are from Candy Doodles. The handbag has been printed onto white hammered card and the edges have been inked. The fastener is one of my prized Queen & Co items (they were half price when I bought them so didn't feel too lavish!) I've tied the tag to the handle with some wide pink stiff organza ribbon and some lovely black thin satin ribbon.


The butterflies have been layered - bottom is printed onto card, cut out and then a vellum layer has been added. I've just glued the body bits so the wings can flap out. They did have antenna but I chopped them off - way too fiddly for me!


So there you go! Pop on over to the Polkadoodle blog for further details on this week's challenge and don't forget, you have until Sunday 9 August to enter. Good luck!
  • All paper based elements: Candy Doodles
  • Everything else: From my stash (or in my tummy!)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!