Saturday 1 August 2009

Get Funky! Challenge 1 - Sketch

Yeah! It's the first of August and that can only mean

Get Funky is launched!!!!!

Can't you tell I'm excited?! Well, the whole Design Team have had a ball with this sketch which has been created by the very talented Anice. We were given the freedom of using anything we wanted as long as one Funky Hand product was used (which is quite difficult with all the cd's and downloads to choose from!) Plus we also got to play with the Funky Freebie too!


I decided to go way back in time, right back to The Funky One as I wanted to make a baby boy card (there has been a birthing explosion at nursery amongst the staff (quite ironic eh?!)) All the papers are from the cd and I've simply jazzed it all up a bit with Swiss Dots embossing and a bit of inking.
The frills on the oval were made by snipping and then ruffling them up. And I added a little silver dummy charm, attached to a silver jump ring, for a bit of interest.

The sentiment has been cut from very glittery white card and I've used my Baby Face Cuttlebug alphabet dies. The grosgrain ribbon is from my quite large stash and funnily enough, matched the papers perfectly!
And because its a birth explosion, I made two cards!


Head on over to Get Funky! Have a go at the sketch and even if you don't yet have any Funky Hand products there is always the freebie papers to use. And who knows, you could win a voucher for £20 to spend at Funky Hand - now that is a very generous prize! You have until 31 August to enter - a whole month - then I will be back for the September challenge as that one is down to me!! Each month a member of the Design Team gets to set the challenge so you can get to know us all a little more!
  • All paperbased elements: The Funky One
  • Dies: Cuttlebug embossing folder - Swiss Dots, Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet dies
  • Everything else: My stash


5 comments:

  1. just wonderful, the papers are ideal for a baby card
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh.. now this is clever design. I love the way you used the Cuttlebug letters on top of the ribbon, and that silver dummy charm is so cute, but classy at the same time!

    Hope to get my card for the challenge done tomorrow.

    Tata for now!

    Hugs,
    Chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is just the sweetest card Ruth...love your ruffled oval and that cute little charm....enjoy the rest of your weekend...hugs kath xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super card Ruth, love that little charm
    luv
    En x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!