Friday 29 January 2010

Polkadoodle Challenge Week 4 - Non Traditional Valentine

Welcome back to another Polkadoodle Challenge! This week Kerry has set the challenge which is:
Valentines Card using Non-Traditional Colours

I've used the new Love and Cherish cd - all the printed paperbased elements are from that and I've only added a bit of ribbon and a large bling heart! There are some wonderful papers, toppers and elements on the cd and if you are into making Wedding stationery, then this is the cd for you!! It can also be used for a lot of other occasions to as the papers are so versatile, so with a bit of imagination and some glue you'll have loads of inspiration!

I printed my papers onto some lush linen effect card but set the printer at A5 instead of A4 as I wanted a smaller pattern. I've layered the papers, inked and rounded edges and then added the ribbon and big bling heart.


The heart is actually one of a pair of earings I bought from Asda - two pairs (one red, one clear) reduced to 50p. Bargain! The backing pin folds virtually flat so easy peasy to use!
You have until Sunday 7 February at 12noon GMT to enter this challenge - please go to Polkadoodles to enter and leave a direct link to your blog post. Good luck and we can't wait to see what you create!
  • Printed papers: Love and Cherish cd from Polkadoodles
  • Red gem heart: Asda
  • Everything else: My stash

2 comments:

  1. This is lovely and I like the ingenious use of the earring! That's my kind of crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so elegant!!! and I love the colour combo! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!