Friday 15 October 2010

My Important Dates

I'm terrible with addresses, important dates and other information. So, when I saw the Forever Friends challenge I knew I would have to make a book to hold all my important dates such as Birthday's and Anniversaries etc.

The current challenge is:

Home Decoration

I've made the covers from some off-cuts of card - 3 layers which I've glued together and then covered the outer panels with papers from The Big One by Clare Curd. I've layered the image (which is a sticker) onto black and pink pearlescent card.

The lettering has been cut with my Cuttlebug Baby Face alphabet set. I made the pages inside the book which are sized at A6 (get 4 from a sheet of A4) and have just used word to make the dates. Printed on both sides otherwise I'd have struggled to get big enough hoops!


I've deliberately left the covers quite plain as I don't want them to get squashed or dog-eared, plus this way, it will be easier to dust!

I just now need to write in it and remember to look in it, as I've realised I've already forgotten a Birthday from earlier this week.....!!

  • Backing papers: The Big One by Clare Curd Signature Range
  • Image: Forever Friends sticker
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Baby Face Alphabet
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so pleased I'm not the only one who forgets ! My family always say that they'd like to see me make something else other than a belated card!!!

    Great idea and one to squirrel away in my ideas book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh ...this is lovely ...such alovely gift idea too...
    xxxx
    hugs
    lis xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank for join at the forever friendschallenge. your project looks great. sandra

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks so lovely! I love the colors. And this is so great idea.

    Thanks for joining us this time at Forever Friends.

    Hugs, Sande

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!