Sunday 3 October 2010

A Twirling Ballerina!

I was pleased as punch to have won the last Digi Sparkle challenge (thank you!) and as part of my winnings, I picked the ballerina digi set which I have used on this card. There are some really lovely images on the Digi Sparkle website including a freebie set which is like a try before you buy kind of thing. I'm already a big fan of Digi Sparkle through being part of the resident Design Team on the Digi Blog Hop (which starts again tomorrow morning for the October hop!)

The current Digi Sparkle challenge is:

A Special Occasion

I'd been asked to make a ballerina Birthday card in a similar style to this card so I knew exactly what I was going to make when I choose the digi set. And as it would happen, this particular ballerina is called Ruth!


I've coloured her with Promarkers and used papers from Funky Daze for backing including the sentiment. To make her spin, I've glued a thin strip of pink satin ribbon between the two images and secured it to the card with little brads and some glue. So she does spin around (much to the delight of my two boys who thinks Mummy is really clever!)

I've added a huge fuchsia pink satin bow to the top as it will be a Birthday card for one special little girl in November!

  • Backing papers: Funky Daze from Funky Hand
  • Images: Digi Sparkle, coloured with Promarkers
  • Everything else: My stash

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous!! Anya is going to be so thrilled with this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a gorgeous card, I love the way she spins. I'm so glad you're enjoying your win :) Thank you for joining us at DigiSparkle challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!