Saturday 21 May 2011

Get Funky Challenge - Recipe

Welcome to my offering for this months Get Funky Challenge! The recipe challenge has been set by the very talented Kathy and it is:

5 Flowers
3 Papers
2 Buttons
1 Ribbon
And any seasoning (sparkles, gems etc)

I've made a Wedding Word book for my cousin Jane who gets married later this year (I'm trying to be organised as I have a few to make from various family members!) I've used the I Do word book - cut out the relevant pages and added them together.

I've spelt out Mr and Mrs added the flowers with pearl brad centres plus dotted some liquid pearls here and there. Instead of adding an 'and' sign or word, I've used a faux silver buckle heart with ribbon fed though - the same ribbon as I've tied the pages together. Quite a complicated tie and I used a fair amount of ribbon too so the reverse also looks fancy.

Hope you can join in with the challenge this month - rules are really easy! Follow the theme, use at least one Funky Hand product - there is a freebie on the website in the download section that you can snag and use for each monthly challenge if you don't yet own any Funky Hand products - and link up on the challenge site!

Closing date is 14 June - Good luck!

  • All papers: I Do word book
  • Everything else: My stash

4 comments:

  1. Oh I like this. Very, very elegant. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's not a lot to say - other than - "Truly Gorgeous"
    This is just totally stunning - Love it!
    Take care
    Rachel and Angela
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful word book.Gorgeous subtle papers and embellishments.You've done a lovely job.I love it.Hope you're okay.Love Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such a lovely wordbook Ruth
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!