Wednesday 6 July 2011

Christmas Bling

Apologies if you think you are going slightly crackers and that a post I published has disappeared. That's because I got my 6 and 9 the wrong way round and scheduled it for the wrong day. You'll get to see it properly on the right day. So you are not going crackers, but this is still a Christmas card and I am probably crackers!

Anyway! In the large bundle of 'stuff' that Lynsey dropped off a few weeks ago after a mega clear out of her craft room was some Christmas tree decorations. And I do like my Christmas tree decorations especially when I can use them on cards. And this one is no exception! There are a few more like this but in different colours so watch out for them!

It is really lovely and the photo does not do it justice (its chucking it down!) its a dull gold colour but it has what can only be described as faux dew drops on it and it is really tactile!

I've made the card to fit the Just Us Girls (or JUGS which tickles me every time!) current sketch and used Dovecraft Noel 4.5 x 6.5 paper stack (another bargain post New Year at the Range!) It is a left over bit of acetate behind the star which has been dotted with gold stickles.

The ribbon and buttons are all from my stash along with the elastic string (which I took from a gift I gave my Mum as it was part of the wrapping decoration - she comes to expect it!) As the ribbon is really chunky and not right for knotting, I went with a different finish. I HAD to add the brads as the dammed stuff would not stay stuck down and I didn't want glue marks.

Pretty chuffed with this card!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

UnstampaBelles Challenge: Celebration (no stamps allowed) - fab challenge too!!
Repeat Impressions #76: Christmas in July
Little Red Wagon: Christmas in July
My Mums Craft Shop: Stars and Stripes
The Paper Variety: Christmas in July
Tuesday Throwdown: Christmas in July

  • Papers: Dovecraft Noel 4.5 x 6.5 stack
  • Embellishment: Donation from Lynsey
  • Everything else: My stash

18 comments:

  1. The card looks good - glad the stuff is being used too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. fabulous card, love the papers and the star looks great:)

    thank you for joining us at MMCS

    sue
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) Thanks so much for your added comment next our challenge name. Love your card. Colours are wonderful and really like the way you have added the ribbon. Thanks for joining us again in our Celebrations challenge at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Card, love the way the ribbon sits. Thank you for joining in the "Celebrations" challenge over at Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card, I love the style and shapes!

    Thanks for joining in at Unstampabelles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty star and I really like what you have done with the ribbon! Thanks for joining again with the Unstampabelles Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a gorgeous card! I love that you had to add the brads - I think they are a great touch! Thanks so much for joining in the Repeat Impressions challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just love your card, a great combo of papers and I really like what you have done with the ribbon. Thank you for joining us on Unstampabelles.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is quite lovelu! I really like the acetate and stickles behind the star. Isn't it fun making Christmas cards in July? Thanks for linking up to The Paper Variety this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your ribbon technique here, very classy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's adorable! Thanks for playing along with LRW!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card, love the colours and use of that sketch. Thanks for playing along at TPV :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's all fabulous but the addition of the brads to the ribbon is incredible! Love this to pieces. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how you've used our stars and stripes theme. Fantastic card. Thanks for playing at MMCS. x

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is just the most original card! I absolute love this!

    Thanks so much for getting sketchy with Just Us Girls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhhh, is THIS elegant! Such stunning us of the Just Us Girls sketch! I'm SWOONING! Terrific! Thanks for sharing with Just US! - the GIRLS!

    ReplyDelete
  17. A very classy card, love the ribbon and papers and the star looks fab
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  18. i just love the traditional colours on a xmas card...beautiful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!