Sunday 2 October 2011

Acrylic Christmas

I really do and try and enter the Tiddly Ink challenges as I find the images quirky but cute. But sometimes time is not on my side and everything else takes priority. However, as soon as I saw the current challenge:

Use Acrylic

I knew exactly what I was going to make. And somehow it took me all week to make when in reality it only took about 30 mins to put it all together!

I've used the snowman sentiment image which was a freebie last year but it seems that it is retired as I can't find it either in the Tiddly Inks store or basement. I've layered it onto a random bit of printed card that I found (on the floor as my box is now overflowing!) and added a dotted line of 3d silver paint around the edge.

The acrylic is a sheet of acetate that has gone through the Cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder and I've attached it to the card blank. The join is hidden with some eyelash fibres (which look a bit like snow!) and then I've added a silver star charm.

And its another ticked off my list!

I'd also like to enter the following challenges:

Clean and Simple Sunday Challenge: CAS Anything Goes
Ribbon Girls: Christmas and Ribbon
Bling It On: No Patterned Papers
Little Claire's Monthly Challenge: Black and White
Winter Wonderland: Christmas and a charm

  • Image: Tiddly Inks
  • Dies: Cuttlebug Snowflakes embossing folder
  • Everything else: My stash

11 comments:

  1. hiyah ruth!
    omg thats fab and i love the snowy fibre at the top.
    thank you for coming out to play with the tiddly inkers
    hugs lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ruth, this design is just wonderful! Love the embossed acrylic and that yummy fiber. Darling! Thanks for joining the Tiddly Inkers this week. Always look forward to your posts. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great card. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's for our monthly challenge. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this is so cool! I love the look of the acetate through the cuttlebug folder! Love to see your cards and glad you could join us again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ruth this is truly gorgeous! I love the embossing and that fabulous fiber! Wow beautiful - thanks for playing this week at Tiddly Inks!
    hugs,
    M

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card Ruth. Love that you used an embossingfolder on your card. So pretty! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly inks.

    Hugs,
    Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simply beautiful hun! Thanks so much for joining us for How Charming at Winter Wonderland this week. Hugs Sxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card, love the design & details. Thanks for joining us at Little Claire's.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great card. Love the embossed acetate. Thank you for joining Little Claire's blog challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful card! Love it! Thanks for joining the Clean & Simple Sunday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous design hun!!
    thanks for joining us at Bling it on this time hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!