Thursday 27 October 2011

Crimbo Crackers Challenge 1 - Anything Goes

Well, the day is finally here and Crimbo Crackers has launched!! The first challenge is a nice and easy one:

Anything Goes

So as long as it is Christmas related or Festive it qualifies! Any type of crafting can be entered not just papercrafting, so dust off your stash and get creating! For more details on how to enter, just go to Crimbo Crackers.

The very wonderful Anice from Funky Hand generously offered me a prize - however I can't show it!! I can tell you what it is though - a copy of the brand new cd due to be released on 5 November called Twelve Crafters Crafting.

I am part of the Funky Hand Design Team so I get to have a play with the millions of papers and digi images on the cd (slight exaggeration, but trust me there are a lot of things to play with!)

And if you like the look of the Three Wise Kings that I've made below, then you are going to love the eye candy on the blog hop that Anice has organised for this coming weekend! So make sure you've not had too many snowballs or eggnog's as you won't want to miss out on another opportunity to win a copy of Twelve Crafters Crafting!


If you are familiar with Funky Hand cd's then you will know that each patterned paper is repeated in each paper collection but with different colour palettes. I've used three paper collections to make my Wise Kings plus my Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls embossing folder, some buttons from my stash for the belts and hat bobbles (Jacob did a sterling job picking out matching buttons for me!) and I've added embroidery thread through the button holes and also on top of each of the gifts they bear.

The gifts are part of an enlarged digi image from the cd - the beauty about these cd's is that you can enlarge the digi's to A4 size without any loss of quality - these have then been coloured with Promarkers. And if you are not too hot on colouring, then there are pre coloured versions for you too!


A bit of edge inking and a faux running stitch and they are complete! I've used a rather old feature from Crafts Beautiful for the inspiration but I've made my own templates, so they can be adapted to make a Santa! Oh, and they are all held up by a good old loo roll tube!

Good luck with the challenge - I hope you will be able to join in! Closing date is Wednesday 9 November at 12noon GMT and more details and how to enter are over on Crimbo Crackers!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Bearly Mine Challenge: Anything But A Card
Digital Tuesday: Buttons and Twine
Party Time Tuesdays: Anything Goes
Critter Sketch Challenge: Three Different Patterned Papers
Karen's Doodles: Emboss It
One Stitch At A Time: Emboss It

  • All Printed Papers: 12 Crafters Crafting cd from Funky Hand
  • Embossing: Cuttlebug D'Vine Swirls
  • Everything else: My stash

12 comments:

  1. I completely love these wise men. Your creativity never fails to amaze me Ruth, you are a true crafter!
    Anice xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth,
    Oh this is just Adorable!!! Love the cute wise men, the dps, the colour scheme is just perfect. Love the embellishments and the embossed beards. Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch and Good Luck. Hope to see you joining us again.
    Hugs Jacqui xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of the embossed beards, great. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow this are absolutely brilliant i love them. Thanks for joining us at Bearly Mine for our challenge this time and good luck. luv gina xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. arent these fab! Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super idea, these are just fabulous and I love the embossing, thank you so much for sharing your creation with us this week at One Stitch at a Time
    Deb
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an amazingly creative idea! Fantastic color scheme as well. Thanks for joining us at Karen's Doodles for our embossing challenge.

    Shelby

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fab Ruth and really showcase the new papers well. Great project :)

    Many thanks for joining in with our Embossing challenge over at OSAAT. Hope to see you back again soon.

    Mandy (DT member for OSAAT)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my goodness, these are fabulous! Love the DP you used on them too! Thanks for playing along with us at Critter Sketch this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Ruth,
    Wow, gorgeous project.
    Thanks for joining us at Critter Sketch, good luck.
    Hugs,
    Justyna x

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!! These are fabulous!!
    thanks for joining us at Bearlymine this time hope to see you next time too
    hugs
    laney

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello,
    they are sooooo GREAT! O love it. This is my version of your man's.
    http://sabinafk.blogspot.com/2011/11/weihnachtsmanner.html
    I made a link to your side.
    Sabina

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!