Friday 7 October 2011

Polkadoodle Challenge 40 - Handmade Flowers

Welcome to another Polkadoodle challenge! This week the theme is

Handmade Flowers

It's not often I make an easel card mainly because I can never get the dimensions right but I solved it this time by making a larger central panel and adding this!

I've used Flutterby Fairy Maggie stamp (had to do some masking to add the wings - another new technique for me!) and coloured her and the toadstools with Promarkers. The papers are from the brand new cd Pretty Sweet and I've made my flowers with rolled up paper raffia and a fair dollop of glue!

A little bit of faux stitching around the edges and some inking plus a bit of ribbon and embroidery thread from my stash and my card is complete!

Good luck with the challenge - it is open until Sunday 16 October and please remember our rules!

Don't forget - we have a Design Team call at the moment so be quick and get your application in! For more details visit the challenge blog.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Cooking It Up With Katie: Fabulous, Fun and FOLDING
Flutterby Wednesday: Fairy, Butterfly or Angel - anything goes
I Break for Challenges: Girl Power
Creative Card Crew: Easel Cards
Paper Minutes: Diva

  • Image: Flutterby Fairy Maggie
  • Papers: Pretty Sweet cd
  • Everything else: My stash

6 comments:

  1. Really gorgeous card Ruth. The shape is lovely and love the colour and the cute toadstool detail.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for showing this beautiful diva for paperminutes.
    hugs
    mamapia

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so nice! Really pretty...I like the red/white combo! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Utterly adorable card, Ruth! Great flower and I love the easel. Thanks for playing along at Cooking It Up with Katie. Always nice to see familiar faces. :-D
    NanaConnie DT Chef

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great monochromatic card! I always admire them since it's a struggle for me. Pretty fairy too! Thank you for playing along with Flutter By Wednesdays!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute card. Love the image.

    Thanks for joining us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!