Sunday 2 October 2011

Too Many Mince Pies

I do like this image from Dustin Pike! I got it as part of the July Bundle of Christmas images and I think I got around 100 images too so I have a fair few left to work my way through! It's been coloured with Promarkers and I've added glitter glue to his suit fur.

The spotty paper is from Polkadoodles Paper Boutique Vol 2 printed A5 size. I discovered I had some small Cuttlebug embossing folders when looking for the Quickutz fairy lights die, so I embossed a bit of acetate I had left on the table from my previous post. I never know how to stick acetate down without the gunk showing through, so I used glossy accents and its worked!

I've added a string of fairy lights with a Quickutz die and a hand drawn line plus the sentiment was hand written too. This is a card towards the order I have and it will be going to one of those tricky males!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Sketch and Stash: Sketch followed
Doodle Dragon Studios: Make Us Laugh
One Stitch at a Time: Use a Digi
Crafty Hazlenut's Christmas Challenge: For A Male
Mark's Finest Papers: Polkadots


  • Image: Dustin Pike, coloured with Promarkers
  • Dies: Cuttlebug embossing folder; Quickutz fairy lights die
  • Papers: Polkadoodles Paper Boutique Vol 2
  • Sentiment: Handwritten
  • Everything else: My stash

12 comments:

  1. Lol!!! this is fab Ruth! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol! What a fun image - super card - thanks for joining in my CHNC challenge 40 - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining us at OSAAT this week hun..love the santa x

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol, too cute. Thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!! Thanks for playing with Speedy the Cats Friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. what a great way to use this fun image. Thanks for playing the Speedy Cat challenge to use dots. We appreciate you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh that image is a hoot. How fun and fabulous your card is. Another good reason why your Mother told you to always wear clean underwear....lol I love it! Thank you so much for playing along in Speedy the Cat's Friends "Dots" Challenge. It is a delight to visit and see your creative way your used your dots. Good luck in the drawing and hope to see you again next week.

    Bear Hugs,
    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  8. How funny.... thanks for joining us at "Pike's Playground" this week.
    Hugz,
    Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fun and cute card, thanks for playing with us at OSAAT.

    xoxo Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh what a cute card for our polka dot challenge! Thanks for playing with us this week at Speedy the Cat's Friends challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ha ha very good, my downfall is Chocolate! Thanks for joining us this week at Pike's Playground.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely card!
    thank you for joining us at OSAAT this week
    Love Jan
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!