Friday 3 August 2012

Polkadoodle Challenge 31 - Bunting and Banners

Ready for another post?! This one is for Polkadoodle - another challenge is launched today and the theme is:

Banners and Bunting

I've made this image bigger than normal because I am rather pleased with how it turned out - it looked nothing like this in my head!!  I've used Candy Doodles papers plus some random doodling around the edges.  X Cut dies for the ovals and an Emma Canning digi that I've coloured with Promarkers (rather pleased with how the hair has turned out!) plus a smidge of liquid pearls.

The bunting has been made with offcuts of card and I've added a dotted line around the inner edge and then added half pearls plus some pink and white bakers twine.  I think the girlie in me is screaming to get out at the moment and I've even been wearing DRESSES for work (there was a sale on in Monsoon at Piccadilly Station a few weeks ago and I could not resist half price or better - was £55 reduced to £16.50 and £24 - I mean, hello?!  And they fit perfectly!)

Good luck with the challenge!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Digital Tuesday:  Monochromatic
Tuesday Throwdown:  Doodling
Whoopsi Daisy:  Lots of Layers
Kenny K's Krafty Krew:  Banners and Bunting
Pile It On:  Cute As Can Be

  • Image:  Emma Canning digi, coloured with Promarkers
  • Papers:  Candy Doodles from Polkadoodles
  • Everything else:  My stash

10 comments:

  1. wow another pink and girly.. i am getting worried .. but it is sooo pretty
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous!! What a lovely design and beautiful colours :-) x x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is very cute!! love the coloring...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very cute, great job! Thanks for playing with us at Digital Tuesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love, love, LOVE that creative doodling, Ruth! Fab monochromatic card. Love the banner. Thanks so much for entering our "Doodling" challenge at Tuesday Throwdown this week. Good luck in the draw.
    NanaConnie DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. love this!! wow... i have to check out where you got that image... love it and you did an amazing job with it
    thanks for joining us at Pile it on! good luck in the draw and hope to see you for this weeks challenge :)
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card and your doodling is fab!!! Thanks so much for sharing in Kenny K’s Krafty Krew *Tags, Pennants & Bunting* challenge!

    Tammy, KKKK DT from Créations LaDiva :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic work i hope you come back and join in the fun this week at Kenny K

    Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog - Tiggertastic

    Designing for:

    Sketch Saturday , Bearly Mine Designs and Kenny K

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fab card, I love the bunting.
    Thank you for joining us at Whoopsi Daisy this week.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!