Monday 25 February 2013

Slugs and Snails

Yep, I'm still working my way through the large shoe box full of offcuts of digi papers! I'm determined to see the bottom of it this year and not to transfer the contents into a larger box!

For this card I've used a dark red base card and then the spotty layers are from Funky Hand - Rainbow Polkadots download which have been printed in different sizes so I got different sized dots!  I had to be creative with the red and white spotty paper as I didn't quite have enough - the 'missing bit' is under the image so you'll never know!

The image is a pre coloured Sassy Cheryl from a kit of 5 I bought from Crafts U Print.  Sometimes its just easier to print than to try and colour!  I've added a dotted blue line around the edge of the image with a gel pen.  The embroidery thread is from my stash.

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Creative Craft Challenges:  Sketch followed
Eclectic Ellapu:  Masculine
Here Come The Boys:  Lots of Layers
Kenny K's Krafty Krew:  Layer It Up
One Stop Craft:  For The Kids


Image:  Pre coloured from Crafts U Print - Sassy Cheryl original
Papers:  Rainbow Polkadots download from Funky Hand
Everything else:  My stash 

11 comments:

  1. Cute card, Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's for our challenge
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card Ruth and a fab image which looks lovely against the red dotty background.
    You've made me smile too as guess who else has a shoe box full of bits!
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what a darling card for a boy! Love that fun image, your fab papers & colors, and the twine is a perfect finishing touch! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous male card hun.Thanks for sharing with us Eclectics this week
    Elaine aka Ellapu

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great masculine card. Who new polka dots could be? Thanks for joining us this week for the "Layer It Up" challenge at Kenny K's Krafty Krew. Good luck and please join us again next week! Rachelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I love this little boy image, reminds me of my cousins son, great layers layout too. Thank you for joining us at Here Come The Boys
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing your lovely work with us at Here Come The Boys, Good Luck with the Challenge Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. How cute! Fun papers! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh what a lovely card sweetie well done! Thanks for joining us at Creative Craft Challenges!!
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!