Wednesday 17 July 2013

Girl With Apple

Right, I'm on track now with the new Jellypark releases!  There were 3 new digi stamps released on Friday and here is one of them - Girl Thank You Teacher.  I've kept it clean and simple (plus I couldn't decide which papers to use!)

I remembered that I had some textured white card in my stash so I cut it down to make two A6 sized cards, added a faux running stitch around the edge and then added the image.

I've used Promarkers to colour and then added her to the card base with foam pads for depth.  The gingham ribbon I found in my stash (I had a whole reel of it that I didn't know about!) and the wooden apple is taken from some Christmas ribbon from Lidl.

And the uniform colours - I've taken inspiration from the boys' Primary school!

I'd like to enter the following challenges:

Craft Your Passion:  Thank You
Creative Creations:  For You Teacher
Cutie Pie Challenge:  Cute and Cuddly
Path of Positivity:  Caring (giving thanks and recognising the hard work of teachers)

Image:  Jellypark, coloured with Promarkers
Ribbon:  My stash
Apple embellishment:  Originally Lidl
Everything else:  My Stash

8 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous, so love the ribbon with the little apple.
    This is so perfect for our CARING theme this month. Thanks for sharing your talent with us and good luck.
    Caring Hugs
    Desíre
    {Path of Positivity DT Member}
    {Doing Life – my personal blog}

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely card, love the simplicity of it! Thanks for playing along with us at Creative Creations Challenge this week with our for you teacher challenge! Good Luck and hope to see you again soon :) x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic this CAS card. Lovely way to thank the teacher.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your Passion.
    xxx Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card thank you for taking part in Creative Creations challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous hun, thanks for joining us at Creative Creations this time.
    Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sweet, Ruth! Love it! :^)
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  7. A teacher would love that card. I really like your coloring-the simple shading adds a lot to the image. Thanks for sharing at CYP. Be sure to join us for this week's birthday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the CAS look to your card as it makes the image that you have coloured so beautifully, really pop. Teachers are such hard working individuals and don't get enough credit for all the extra work and money they put in to their classrooms. It is nice to see you take some time to create a beautiful card to let this teacher in particular, know you care.

    Thank you so much for joining this month on the Path of Positivity. I hope that I will see more of your lovely creations in the future.

    Lisa D., Owner

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!